for Supported Fostering Services (SFS)
- Kent, Essex, Cardiff, South London, Swansea
SFS are a leading Fostering agency with a national presence. Their business was managed using a combination of spreadsheets and a Microsoft Access database, but due to the ever growing demands of Ofsted, it became clear that they would need a more robust solution if they were to continue achieving an “outstanding” status.
Our analysts worked with the Senior Management Team to establish a list of requirements which in turn were translated into a working set of wireframes. From these, our developers were able to deliver a database that not only replaced the existing Access system, but also offered additional functionality that would help to comply with the legislative requirements. Since its first release, we have continually enhanced it to accommodate more and more processes.
The main features of the system are:
- Dashboard for key events. User can see their case lists, referrals to action, placement finances going over thresholds, household members without DBS and more.
- Document wide search returning results for all documents on the system linked to carers / children / indexes.
- Outlook plugin – File email and attachments directly from Outlook to indexed system against carers and children.
- DBS Check Facility. Carers DBS number is logged on the system and a background application is regularly run to check for updates to their file alerting the admin team if there are any.
- Full record of call carers and children maintained on the system with all relevant emails and documents attached to their record and easily retrieved.
- Applicants. Their progress is monitored from start through to panel, all information recorded including DBS and references, and if successful they are then listed on the system as an available carer.
- Referrals. New referrals from the local authorities are recorded and progressed matching carers with the child. Once successful these are converted into a placement on the system.
- Placements. Every placement both active and historical is recorded on the system with the appropriate rates associated ready to be used for financial reporting.
- Reporting. Many reports exist on the system to provide key information to the admin and finance teams including details on payments to be made to carers, respite remaining for placements, child information sheets, application progress and many more.
- Placement Plans. Creation of monthly and six monthly plans along with auto word document generation in order to review points to action, monitor the placement and outcomes to achieve.
- Outcomes Tracker. Targets are monitoring and recorded on a regular basis against the children in a placement to ensure that they are making progress in all areas of life.
- Survey. Ability for the admin team to email a questionnaire to the carers / children in order to receive feedback as to their placement and relationship with SFS.
If you have a similar project that you’d like to discuss, please call on 01634 299800 or send an email to get the ball rolling.